Sunday, April 13, 2008

Stop BUGGING me!



It’ssssswarm in Yucaipa. I mean swarms of bees, termites, flies and ants. That’s what came to plague me over the last few days. We’ve had a problem with all these things before, but not all at once. Just when you think you are enjoying nature, nature decides to move in with you.

We had a fun time with the kids on Saturday. They had a picnic on beach towels after swimming and playing. And they sang “Happy Birthday” to Andrew.


Grace and Raegan came for a visit for a few days and we went to the “Living Desert” in Palm Desert to see some lizards and animals. I think we saw more lizards in my back yard, however. With all the bugs we have it’s no wonder. The lizard food is in strong supply.

We went to a petting coral. Grace loved it and Raegan was terrorized.



We stopped to sanitize our hands. Grace really didn't want to leave. Lots of people asked me if they are twins. I guess it's because they were dressed alike.




A giant spider web to climb on! This was a fun place to play. It was ten degrees hotter than Yucaipa, but still a great place to explore and see many animals. They even had desert animals from the jungle, like giraffs and zebras.



3 comments:

Brooke and Tami said...

On top of all those bugs, you still get the mass number of black widows. Yikes! Oh well. We'll still come over and visit you. A few hundred bugs won't stop us! :)

Kathy said...

Kathy,
Again I say, LUCKY!!!! You are so blessed to be able to live near most of your grandchildren. I am looking forward to being "a little" closer to Bryan & Jamie, however, I am worried about how they will adjust to Oklahoma after living in the fast paced, entertainment filled, beach world of Los Angeles. I know that Grace & Raegan are going to miss you and Ray terribly. Thanks for taking such good care of the babies these past 4 years. Love you, Kathy

the man said...

at least you weren't taking a bath with a black widow in this chapter of the Horspool's and pests!