Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A Day at the Beach

I got to tag along with Mike, Amber and Family for a fun day at the beach. I enjoyed sitting in the shade of the umbrella and watching the kids have fun playing in the sand and the water. I took along one of my favorite stories, "The Day at the Beach", by Arthur Gordon. I read it as an eighteen year old freshman at BYU and it has affected my life all these years. It was good to read it again and to reflect on life's meaning. We all need a day at the beach to just think about good things sometimes. There is nothing like the roar of waves crashing in and the sun blasting down to remind us of our place in the universe. And it's always fun to have a picnic!

6 comments:

Amber Horspool said...

We're so happy you came with us mom! We had a fun, relaxing time too. We'll have to do a beach day again soon!
(BTW, Your crab dip was the best. I'm already craving it:)

heather said...

You're so deep, mom. It will be nice when you come to Hawaii and have more beach days, except there will be no hiding under an umbrella! Be prepared to get in the water...which shouldn't be too hard because it is about 30 degrees warmer here! (the water that is)

Brooke and Tami said...

I really wish we could have gone with you. The beach, and hanging out with family are my two most favorite things. How about a beach trip for my birthday?

Bryan H said...

I'm jealous...need I say more?

the man said...

are you going to have a picnic on the beach when you're here? I hope so!

Mike said...

Who is that sexy man in the Hobie wetsuit?